In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the All American Kayak Series (AAKS) Event and its related competition and activities, I, the undersigned (or registrant), being 18 years of age or older, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. I affirm that my participation in any AAKS Event is voluntary and declare that I am physically fit and capable to participate in such; and
2. I acknowledge that kayak fishing participation and competition involves certain inherent dangers, and hazards; that the risk of injury from the activities involved in this event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, physical fitness, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary Terms and Conditions for Participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of All American Kayak Fishing Series Tournament Directors; and,
5. In full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS All American Kayak Series & Mo-Yak Fishing Series, LLC and its owners, officers, managers, officials, volunteer event staff, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, event service and technology providers (including but not limited to TourneyX), and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Releasees from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, for costs, loss, expenses, or damages to personal property, or personal injury, or death, which may result from: (i) my participation in the AAKS and/or Mo-Yak Event; (ii) claims against AAKS and/or Mo-Yak by any third parties arising from or related to AAKS and/or Mo-Yak’s actions and/or omissions, (iii) claims relating to any violation or alleged violation by AAKS and/or Mo-Yak and/or any third party of the applicable laws relating to the conduct of the Event; and/or (iv) claims arising from or relating to AAKS and/or Mo-Yak’s performance of its obligations hereunder. I specifically understand and agree that I am assuming the risk of any and all injuries that I may suffer or incur as a result of my registration and/or participation in the Event. My indemnification obligations shall survive the expiration or termination of this agreement.